Hey folks! I'm here today to announce the next challenge over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. This time around for Challenge #136, the theme is Something Sweet. I'm sure you will have no problems coming up with ideas for this challenge. There are so many images out there with candy, cake, ice cream and/or other sweet treats and just as many reasons to make a card. Maybe you'd like to wish someone a sweet birthday or let them know what a sweet friend they are to you. You could get proactive and create a Christmas card with candy canes or a gingerbread house or simply say thank you to someone who has recently been sweet to you. There are lots of ideas to explore and if you don't have any images such as those mentioned above, you can always find one in the Pattie's Creation store!
Here is my card, I hope that I haven't forgotten any important details:
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
Digital Image Details:
- Ice Cream Cone Trio: Such a yummy image. You can find it in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the name or watermark linked below.
- This image has been coloured digitally using Rebelle.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The sentiment on the front was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. It is a freebie I received a while back. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store. This sentiment has been recoloured to suit the purposes of this project.
- The cherries used on top of the ice cream cones are from the Ice Cream Treats set created by Kristy of Imagine That Digistamp.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The sentiment on the inside is from the Snowing Cupcakes set created by Kristy of Imagine That Digistamp. This sentiment has been recoloured to suit the purposes of this project.
Digital Paper Products:
- All of the papers used are from my A Taste of Summer kit which is available for sale in the Scribbles Designs store. The ice cream treats paper used in the background on the front and inside is available in the Patterned Papers section of the kit. On the front I have also used a paper from the Bonus Glitter Papers section and one from the Textured Papers section. The Patterned Papers and Textured Papers are sold individually or as part of the full kit. You can purchase the Bonus Glitter Papers along with Bonus Natural Textured Papers or once again as part of the full kit which can be found HERE.
- The brads used on the front of the card are from the Brads, Ribbons & Bows section of the above mentioned kit.
- The ice cream treat stickers used on the inside of the card are from the Sticker Elements section of the above mentioned kit as well.
- I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the image and the sentiment.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://thepapershelter.blogspot.ca/ -- Going Digital
- yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.com -- Always Anything Goes
You have until Aug 3rd to enter our challenge which should give you lots of time to get a creation done. Remember the theme is Something Sweet. I really hope that you will be able to join us. You can enter twice per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted for each challenge (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules). In addition to all the typical criterion, you MUST USE A DIGITAL OR STAMPED IMAGE to qualify for the drawing (unless stated otherwise). We would absolutely love to see you use a Pattie's Creations (PC) image on your card, but you are allowed to use other images. If you do use a PC image, you will gain an extra entry in the draw and will have a better chance to WIN! Easy Peasy right?!
Pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and don't forget…Pattie offers up a new freebie the first Friday of the month and it will remain up for approximately two weeks; so, be sure to pop over and check it out as well!
Well guys, that is it for this one. Hopefully I will see you all very soon.
Until next time,